April 16, 2014
The Virtual Assistant (VA) field is in its prime, and more people are becoming familiar with the term Virtual Assistant but are unsure how using one would benefit their business. Whether you are a large company, a start up or a one man shop, there are several advantages to working with a VA. It makes business sense to keep overhead costs down and one of the biggest benefits of hiring a Virtual Assistant is cost savings as they are are paid only for the hours they work. Many outsource the tasks that they don’t have the skills for and don’t have the time to learn. When using a VA their skills and training are already in place so they can take on your workload and hit the ground running.
Here are five different ways a VA can save you money:
- Only pay for the work you need, when you need it. Working with a VA allows flexibility since they work with your schedule. Whether you need a set number of hours per month or help with a seasonal project, a VA can assist you. Imagine cutting back on overtime! Outsourcing your overflow or specialised work directly to a VA is cost effective.
- Minimize overhead costs. Hiring a full time employee comes with a list of overhead costs that include benefits, vacation/sick time, office space, and equipment. There are no overhead costs when working with a VA. Since they are a business owner and independent contractor they have their own home office and equipment needed to get the job done.
- No down time or training expense for specialised skills. If you need a specific skill or expertise for a project, hire a Virtual Assistant that has the skills you need. Working with a VA allows you to get the job done without the extra expense of employee down time and training costs. Our team specialises in administrative support, online marketing and event planning and management, read more about our services.
- No agency fees. Temp agencies usually charge an agency fee to work with them. While using a temp is one way to augment your staff, there is no guarantee you will get the same person each time you need help. Working with a VA allows you to partner with the same person for consistency and at the same time gain valuable knowledge of you and your business needs.
- Delegate the small stuff. Do you spend nights and weekends trying to keep up with your administrative type tasks? Why not outsource those items to a VA? Hiring a Virtual Assistant to accomplish these tasks is a win-win. The tasks get completed and it gives you time to concentrate on the things most important to you, like growing your business or spending time with family and friends.
To talk more to PS Virtual about how our VA’s can help support your start up, business or lifestyle needs call Julie on +44 (0)7946 256067 or contact us here.