July 25, 2016
1. Being able to work from any location. Home, coffee shop and even the beach ( not that this is a regular occurrence, but it could be 🙂 ).
2. Job satisfaction – knowing we are helping people and their business grow.
3. Flexibility – setting our own hours.
4. A VA is not the same as a PA. Our role is much more diverse.
5. Relationships – building professional relationships with people from all walks of life.
6. The social media element – Being virtual means spending more time in the online world.
7. Lack of paper – being virtual means less paper and 95% electronic. This is a much more streamlined approach to modern business.
8. Involvement with big business and small business – one day we could be helping a business startup with all elements, the next day playing a vital role in securing a huge business deal.
9. Juggling multiple clients – because we LOVE a challenge.
10. No need to waste time travelling – travelling into an office daily can take 4 hours out of your day. Getting up and working straight away allows more productivity.
July 20, 2016
What you don’t do , determines what you can do. It is that simple. But what it is this ‘not to do list’ ? You write a ‘to do list’ daily and plough through it, therefore why write a ‘not to do list’ ? Because you want to be as productive as possible! The only way a super productive person continues to grow professionally without going crazy is periodically to decide what they are not going to do.
How to compile?
- Look at your previous month’s activities. Write down anything you’re not sure really fits your current job description.
- Look at your upcoming appointments for the next month. Again, write down things that are questionable in terms of your current job description.
Onto the list….
1. Do not put important tasks off – Do these first as they are priority. You will feel so relieved once completed.
2. Unclear goals – While it may take a bit of time in the beginning, after you work out your priorities, your days become very sharp and focused.
3. Not taking breaks – We are not robots. Even for 5 minutes every hour, pop and get something to drink or have a snack. Move away from the desk.
4. Do not get sidetracked – We have all been there, whether it be online shopping or scrolling through Pinterest, these things can wait.
5. Don’t say yes to the task unless you are 100% you can deliver.
Your list can be as extensive as you like, whatever works in order to be as productive as you want to be. Our list is a good starting point.
We love writing lists and ‘My Future Listography’ is a great tool to use.
What would you put on your ‘not to do list’ ?
July 12, 2016
Have you ever had a question that immediately required a trip to Google for an answer? We can guarantee 99% of the population have.Thanks to the popularity and growth in business blogs, we no longer have to wade through newspapers, magazines, and books to find what we’re looking for. With many blogs added daily to the web, there is a huge wealth of free information out there to aid business growth.As Virtual Assistant’s, we need to be on top of our game, which is why we allocate time each week to reading our favourite (and more importantly – useful) blogs.
Virtual Assistant Blogs
Michelle specialises in the provision of online business consulting for discerning online entrepreneurs and developing cutting-edge VA training programmes.
The Market Leader in the Virtual Assistant industry providing FREE resources and training to start up and run a successful Virtual Assistant business.
Advice, insight, profiles and guides for established and aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide.
Simple, effective, and affordable small business marketing and home of the Duct Tape MarketingConsultant Network.
Chris Brogan is an American author, journalist, marketing consultant, and speaker about social media marketing.
Female in Business Blogs
An international hub for female entrepreneurs to get inspired and empowered to turn their ideas into a reality and build successful businesses.
Which blogs are your favourite? Can you recommend some?