August 12, 2015
Working from home has many benefits, but also it can be dangerously distracting . Are you tempted by last nights episode of Game of Thrones and the allure of an afternoon nap?
Here are our top tips for staying motivated when working from home:
1. Get up and get dressed as if you were going out to work for the day. Ditch the PJ’s as early as possible.
2. Wake up early. Its easy to think ‘I will have a lie in no one will know’. We aim for 7 am – 8 am. The early bird catches the worm.
3. Set clear goals for each day. We make lists the previous evening and work our way through them methodically.
4. Prioritize tasks – You would normally do this if you went out to work. Close down all social media platforms when you have deadlines as these can be a huge distraction.
5. Have an office space – the sofa does not count. An area in your house/apartment with a desk, and your working equipment clearly designated. This will aid your focus.
6. Have breaks, whether a lunch or some coffee time.