February 17, 2016
In an age of vastly evolving technology, there are countless useful tools that aid productivity for modern professionals. Long gone are the days of being confined to a desk as the only way to work. Thanks to the invention of tablets and smartphones, it makes it possible to work on the go. As busy Virtual Assistants, we have the advantage of working where it suits ( local starbucks, on the train) but still being as productive as if we were sat behind a desk . Of course, not without the help of these apps….
1. Dropbox / The Box – Cloud based file hosting services. Once uploaded, the information can be shared by emailing a link.
2. Microsoft Office – Office is particularly useful to edit documents on the go.If not downloaded the app, you can still view documents online, but you cannot edit. This app is chargeable.
3. Linkedin – Connect with other professionals and potential clients on the go. Keep up to date with your messages and any other notifications that may be important.
4. Hours Tracker – Easily track your time and earnings for one or more jobs. Clock in and clock out as you work or enter start and stop times yourself. Hours Tracker groups your entries by day, week, or month, so you can easily see how you spend your time week to week or across jobs. Pay periods are automatically calculated, including overtime and net pay estimates.
5. Camcard – Manage and exchange business cards on the go. Ever received too many business cards and misplace them? Scan them with this app and store them.
6. Evernote – Designed for note taking organizing, and archiving. The app allows users to create a “note” which can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten “ink” note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notebooks can be added to a stack while notes can be sorted into a notebook, tagged, annotated, edited, given comments, searched, and exported as part of a notebook.
7. Tripit – As Virtual Assistants, arranging travel can be a large part of our job. With tripit, organise all your travel plans in one place. You forward all travel confirmations to your tripit account and it automatically configures an itinary. You can also sync these with calendar, and access travel plans offline.
All these apps can be downloaded Via the App Store ( Apple) or the Google play store ( Android).